You have the right to confidentiality regarding your case and involvement with our organization. RTQ Academy EFS will follow all applicable confidentiality rules and laws. However, under the law, our staff must report child abuse or neglect whenever they suspect or know about it. These people are called mandated reporters. If new information about child abuse or neglect comes up during your time with us, either as a student in our diploma program or as a client in our individual and family programs, a mandated reporter is required to make a report to the Child-line hotline and/or appropriate authorities for further investigation.
This notice describes how information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information. Please review it carefully.
Your Rights You have the right to:
• Get a copy of your paper or electronic record and ensure it is correct; making corrections as needed
• Request confidential communication
• Ask us to limit the information we share
• Get a list of those with whom we’ve shared your information
• Get a copy of this privacy notice
• Choose someone to act for you
• File a complaint if you believe your privacy rights have been violated
Our Responsibilities RTQ Academy follows all federal requirements to protect your information, based on HIPAA guidelines. To that end RTQ Academy will:
• Protect your information, both paper and electronically
• Utilize confidentiality releases to share information with family or other providers
• We are required by law to maintain the privacy and security of your protected information.
• We will let you know promptly if a breach occurs that may have compromised the privacy or security of your information.
• We will not use or share your information other than as described here unless you tell us we can in writing. If you tell us we can, you may change your mind at any time. Let us know in writing if you change your mind.
• We will share information about you if state or federal laws require it, including with the Department of Health and Human Services if it wants to see that we’re complying with federal privacy law.
• We can share information about you in response to a court or administrative order, or in response to a subpoena.
For more information see: www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/understanding/consumers/noticepp.html.
© Copyright 2018. All Rights Reserved.